Portland’s Tight Labor Market: Data, Trends and Tips for Local Employers
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM) (PDT)
It is no secret that Portland—and the country at-large—is struggling with a very tight labor market. As businesses attempt to rebound from the pandemic, there simply aren’t enough workers to fill open positions. To point: the Bureau of Labor Statistics recently announced data that showed that the ratio of unemployed workers to job openings fell to 0.9 as of the end of June.
To kickstart the 2021-2022 Forum Series, the Portland Business Alliance will tackle the challenge of our regional labor shortages. Our panelists, experts in the local labor market, will discuss the scope of the problem, prognosticate on how long these shortages will last, and offer solutions for organizations that need to bring on new talent in order to grow.
- Orlando Williams, Chief Executive & Equity Officer, Motus Recruiting and Staffing
- Bridget Dazey, Executive Director, Clackamas Workforce Partnership
- Gail Krumenauer, State Employment Economist, State of Oregon
- Andrew McGough, Executive Director, Worksystems
- Kevin Perkey, Executive Director, Workforce SW Washington
Explore our events
To learn more on how you can be involved, contact: Ashley Odil, Director of Events & Sponsorships, 503-552-6742