COMMUNITY SAFETY TRAINING FOR BUSINESSES : The Portland Business Alliance and Downtown Portland Clean & Safe are excited to offer a special community safety training.
Monday, May 3, 2021 (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM) (PDT)
This community training for business owners and employees is presented by experts at the Behavioral Health Unit of the Portland Police Bureau. Attendees will learn more about resources and guidance on how to interact with individuals under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or experiencing mental health issues.
Community Safety Training topics will include:
- Understanding and accessing city and county resources available to help people who may be under the influence, experiencing escalated mental health issues, in crisis, or houseless.
- Understanding rights and obligations as a community member and as a business owner or employee.
- How to deal with a challenging situation and when to intervene.
- Ways to de-escalate a situation or improve communication with someone in crisis.
- When to call for help and who to call.
- Background on mental illness in the U.S. and current challenges.
- Discuss specific challenges facing your business or neighborhood.
Explore our events
To learn more on how you can be involved, contact: Ashley Odil, Director of Events & Sponsorships, 503-552-6742